Started in 1991 in conjunction with the 50th Anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor & surrounding military installations on December 7th, 1941, the Tomlinson family along with the Pearl Harbor Survivors created Home of the Brave. Our mission was to return our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, and Coastguardsmen back to their battlefield sites where they were stationed at the time of the attack and document their heroic stories. It brought closure to some and many veterans returned year after year with their families. The Home of the Brave Museum has been built over the past 25 years with artifacts and stories from over 100,000 WWII veterans who have visited. It is now the largest private WWII collection in the Pacific.
The Home of the Brave Museum serves as the steward and repository of historical artifacts and memorabilia pertaining to the United States military. We believe education of wartime history brings about communion and unity between peoples and nations, therefore we provide a unique learning platform to engage and educate our diverse local community and island visitors on an important piece of Hawaii’s history as well as honor the memory of our veterans and their families. In addition to our expansive WWII collection, we provide a forum for veterans and their families to share their stories to bridge international & intergenerational gaps.
What We've Achieved
- Since 1991, we have hosted over 100,000 WWII Veterans and their families on the Home of the Brave military base battlefield program.
- Created the Home of the Brave Museum - Hawaii's largest repository of WWII artifacts and stories.
- Designed educational programs for schools, military, local & island visitors.
- Worked and collaborated with the History & Discovery Channels, National Geographic, and Hollywood production companies.
- Endorsed by the Pearl Harbor Survivors Association & SDPHSA nationally.
- Accolades and awards from the State of Hawaii, City and County of Honolulu, & numerous military commands.
- Created the Remember Honor Salute Foundation to perpetuate and sustain museum operations.
- Maintain a 5 star rating for all our operations on social media.